Today is the deadline for paying Mobile Home Taxes for 2011. Payments after May 1, 2012 will accrue interest of $25 per month up to a maximum of $100.
- The county will file a lien on any unpaid tax, and a fee of $24.75 is required to release the recorded lien.
- If you own the land or lot that the mobile home is located on, you also will receive a separate real estate property tax bill for the lot. If you do not own the lot but there are permanent structures such as a garage, shed, or deck on the lot, you might receive a separate property tax bill for those structures.
- If you are selling the mobile home, the Secretary of State requires the county treasurer to issue a tax certification indicating all taxes have been paid in order to transfer title to the new owner.
- A mobile home affidavit must be completed to correct owner information, square footage, rate and tax relief eligibility. Click here to download the Affidavit to Correct Mobile Home Bill.
- If the mobile home address is not your permanent residence, or if you live out of state when bills are issued, please make sure the county treasurer has your correct billing address.